Active Connections Field Guide -
Kilkenny/Carlow (full time) and (Wexford) 21 hr
Active Connections Ireland leading activity-based intervention service are recruiting for 1 worker to join our team in the South East – based in Kilkenny/Carlow & Wexford.
Our field staff come from all walks of life with a vast array of backgrounds, talents and experience, and are united by a sincere interest in growth and development of others.
We need professionals who are compassionate and articulate and who can convert the Active Connections CLG experience into a life lesson. Previous experience working with at risk adolescents. Communication skills including active listening, giving and receiving feedback and clearly conveying expectations are important skills for instructors. Staff will receive training, supervision and a competitive hourly rate + fuel/activity funds.
General Key Responsibilities:
• To work directly with young people referred by Tusla/HSE, generally staff 1:1 with young people.
• To schedule programmes of work and projects in partnership with CEO;
• To develop and maintain a good working relationship with referrers and careers of young people;
• To establish and maintain an effective system of communications with CEO, referrer and careers;
• To produce session and review reports for the C.E.O;
• To operate within the materials budget allocated;
• Develop further the field guide for the area of operation
• To ensure that all work done complies with both organisational and statutory health and safety regulations and legislation.
• Any other duties commensurate with the post
Essential Criteria for Applicants:
• Qualification in Social Care/Counselling/Psychotherapy or relevant qualification in this field.
• Experience with outdoor activities
• Preferably an INSTRUCTOR level qualification in at least one adventure sport
• 12 months’ post qualification experience working and supporting service users is a preference
• Full Clean Driver’s License and use of own car
• Experience of report writing (Desirable)
• First aid qualification
• An ability to work flexibly and in an innovative way
• Competitive rate of pay (€15-€18 per hour)
• Monthly training internal plus a training allowance
• Car allowance
• Fuel allowance
• Access to pension
Please send CV’s to email@example.com