Active Connections Ember Camp Support Worker
Active Connections Ireland leading activity-based intervention service and is growing right across the South East, we are seeking people to join our weekend and school holiday panel for our Ember Camp programme.
Our staff come from all walks of life with a vast array of backgrounds, talents and experience, and are united by a sincere interest in growth and development of others.
We need people who are compassionate and articulate and who can convert the Active Connections experience into a life lesson. Previous experience working with people with additional needs would be a great asset. Communication skills including active listening, giving and receiving feedback and clearly conveying expectations are important skills for instructors.
Staff will receive training, supervision and a competitive hourly rate.
General Key Responsibilities:
• To work directly with young people and adults with additional needs.
• Work within our energetic activity based alternative respite programme (Ember Camps) • To develop and maintain a good working relationship with participants and other staff members
• To ensure that all work done complies with both organisational and statutory health and safety regulations and legislation.
• Any other duties commensurate with the post
Essential Criteria for Applicants:
• Qualification in Social Care/Healthcare Assistant/Special Needs Assistant/Outdoor sports or relevant qualification in this field (desirable).
• Experience with people with additional needs (desirable)
• Use of own car (desirable) as our location sites are typically not on bus routes
• First aid qualification (desirable)
• An ability to work flexibly and in an innovative way
• Competitive rate of pay (reflecting experience and qualifications experience)
• Access to pension
Please send CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org